Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: The Witch's Cat

"These are the words of the Witch's Cat, the most sacred and most powerful symbol in the mysterious world of Witchcraft.
Hold me... the gates to happiness could swing open.
Touch me... money and prizes could fall from the sky.
Caress me... love and romance could seek you out.
Gaze upon me... the instincts of the feline could protect you.
Possess me... I will do your bidding!"


He who possesses the Witch's Cat may unlock the door to the Supernatural! Possess the Cat and experience the powers of another world. Possess the Cat, it may bring riches, love, and happiness to your doorstep."

I wanted to let you all know what I think of California Astrology Association's "Witch's Cat."  When I was a child of about twelve, I purchased one because I thought it was so cute, and needed an extra good luck charm.  Unfortunately, the chain I had it on broke and I lost it forever!

A few years back, I decided to buy a new Cat to replace the one I'd lost years ago.  As you can see, it is an adorable piece, done in a cute stylized primitive design.  The black "antiquing" paint is fragile, though, and rubs off easily.  (You can see where mine has come off near the Cat's rear end.)  This piece is not sterling silver, probably not stainless steel or pewter, either.  When I wore it, my neck got a nasty green spot on it, so now I just use it as a good luck piece without wearing it.  (I may use the loop on top as an anchor to sew it onto a backpack or something!)

All in all, I give this purchase a C+.  The Cat gets points for adorableness, but has to lose points for quality.  However, it's around $20 and you can definitely get a nicer cat-shaped pendant elsewhere in Sterling silver for that amount.  If you aren't expecting great things from it jewelry-wise, it may still be worth purchasing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Me on Facebook! :)